Competitive salary + AMAZING benefits
PHP5, LAMP, OOPHP, REST Api, Symfony, Git
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and motivated backend/PHP developer to join a cutting-edge online tech team that's responsible for 150+ projects worldwide in one of the internet's most competitive markets. You would be joining a rapidly growing, dynamic and passionate team that focuses on producing the best experiences possible for millions of visitors in over 21 languages.
What you’ll do as a PHP Developer:
- Develop their internal and external facing PHP and Python tools and framework to a high standard with performance at the centre of all we build.
- Work across the whole company to handle the full life-cycle of ideas on how to improve site speed and user experience.
- Train and teach the wider development teams on best practice and development techniques and methodologies.
- Contribute to team goals and KPIs that really drive the business forward, which will range from roll out of new features, to overhaul of older code that needs to work in new ways.
What they’re looking for from you:
- Team player mentality. We like to work with friendly people who thrive when working collaboratively.
- Improvement mindset. Constantly strive to learn, develop and grow.
- Passion & energy. Enjoy a fast-paced working environment where your passion will shine through.
- Self-motivated. You will need the drive to lead, inspire and get things done.
- Humility. We all make mistakes and a lot of the mistakes we make are because we are pushing the envelope on what is possible.
- Generosity. We need to help others and always will - it might be being generous with our knowledge or sharing time or skills. This is fundamental to how we work.
- Empathy. Where we have such a diverse workforce that has many approaches to solve the challenges of innovation this means we need to be inclusive of all people and a lot of circumstances.
What they can do for you:
- Give you the platform and support to excel - personally, professionally and with a winning team
- Give you a £1,000/year training budget to spend as you wish
- Annual company retreat to have fun, team build and grow together. Previous destinations include Mexico, Thailand & Greece
- Annual bonus scheme based on individual & company performance
And all of these added goodies:
- Brand new, custom-designed offices with a fun and engaging culture
- Flexible working hours - you pick when suits you best
- Team Friday lunches - ordered-in from a variety of local restaurants (P.S. On your first Friday you get to choose for the whole team!)
- Birthdays off!
- Unlimited drinks, snacks and organic fruit
- Free private health care including dental, optical, physio and well-being
- Choice of Mac/PC, Herman Miller chair, top spec Bose headphones.
- Regular well-being activities - Mindfulness & Nutrition guest speakers, free Health Screen initiatives; Boxing, Yoga and 5-a-side Football
- Monthly social events including Bowling, Ping Pong, Office Parties, Summer Party and Christmas Extravaganza
- 25 days' holiday + 8 bank holidays + additional paid time-off when the office is closed for the whole Christmas and New Year period. Charity volunteer days.
- Pension contribution matched up to 5%
- Annual travel season ticket loan